Bankruptcy issues are often complex, and the implications of bankruptcy will vary with each individual.
The information contained on this web site is believed to be accurate as of the date of publication. However, it should not be cited or relied upon as legal authority.
The information contained on this web site is intended to be educational only. It is not legal advice, and this web site does not create an attorney client relationship between the reader and the operators of this web site.
It should not be used as a substitute for reference to the United States Bankruptcy Code and the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, or to local rules of practice adopted by each bankruptcy court.
In all cases debtors are strongly advised to seek the advice of a bankruptcy attorney licensed to practice in your state for advice about your particular situation prior to the bankruptcy filing.
1. Your Acceptance of this Agreement
This is an Agreement between you and Bankruptcy America (“Firm”), and governs your use of the website and its content (collectively the ”website“). Each time you use the website you signify your acceptance and agreement, and the acceptance and agreement of any person you purport to represent (and for purposes of this Agreement, “person” includes natural persons and any type of incorporated or unincorporated entity), without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this Agreement, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to agree to and accept this Agreement on behalf of yourself and any person you purport to represent.
2. No Attorney-Client Relationship
No attorney-client, advisory, or fiduciary relationship is created by this Agreement or your use of the website or your communication with a Firm professional by e-mail or through the website.
3. No Professional Advice
The website is for convenience and informational purposes only. The website is not intended to be a comprehensive or detailed statement concerning the matters addressed; legal or any other kind of advice; or an offer to sell or buy any product or service. You should seek appropriate, qualified professional advice before acting or omitting to act based upon any information provided on or though the website.
The website may not be used to request legal advice or to transmit to the Firm any confidential information. Information transmitted to the Firm through the website may not be secure, may not be treated as confidential or protected by attorney-client privilege, and does not create any relationship or duty of any kind. You should not send confidential or sensitive information by the Internet or e-mail unless you take appropriate precautions, such as the use of encryption.
4. Permitted Users and Access
The website may be used only by American residents who are of the age of majority and can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. The website may not be used by persons in jurisdictions where access to or use of the website or any part of it may be illegal or prohibited.
By submitting your question for the “Post an Anonymous Question” section of this website (“Anonymous Question”) you:
- agree that you will not submit any information, links, e-mails, text, pictures, graphics, files or other materials (“Content”) to Anonymous Question that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, libellous, hateful or racially or ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- you do not have a right to transmit under any law or regulation or under any contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights protected or protectable under the laws of the United States of America or any other laws;
- with respect to any Content you transmit to the Firm, grant the Firm:
- a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual licence to use, copy, transmit, publicly display, reproduce, edit, modify, translate, reformat, create compilations and derivative works of and distribute such Content;
- the right to sublicence any such licence rights and agree that such licence will apply with respect to any form, media or technology now known or later developed;
- agree that you are solely and fully responsible for all information, links, e-mails, text, pictures, graphics, files or other materials (“Content”) that you submit to Anonymous Question and represent, warrant and covenant that you have, and will continue to have, all necessary rights and authority to grant any licences in or to such Content and that such Content will not infringe any proprietary right of any third party;
- without limiting the generality of paragraph (C) above, you agree that under no circumstances will the Firm be liable in any way for any Content that is made available through Anonymous Question, including without limitation, any errors or omissions in any such Content, or for any damage of any kind incurred as a result of the disclosure, use or reliance on any such Content;
- agree that the Firm may, in its sole discretion, reject, refuse to post, remove or block access to any Content at any time, for any reason and without notice;
- agree that the Firm will not provide you with a copy of the Content under any circumstances; and
- agree to indemnify the Firm against all claims, costs, demands and damages (including but not limited to legal fees) arising out of any breach of the aforementioned representations and warranties.
6. Disclaimer and Liability Exclusion
THE FIRM DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, DURABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY THE FIRM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE FIRM WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM, CONNECTED WITH, OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
7. Personal Information Privacy
8. Ownership and Permitted Use of the website
Copyright © Bankruptcy America. All rights reserved. The website, including all of its content, is the property of the Firm and others, and is protected by American and international copyright, trade-mark, and other laws. Your use of the website does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the website or its content.
The website is made available to you for your lawful, personal, non-commercial use only. You may print or download website pages for your personal, non-commercial use provided that you do not modify any of the website pages or other content and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices, or disclaimers. You may not use the website or its content for any other purpose or in any other way. In particular, the website and its content may not be copied, imitated, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of the Firm.
9. Trade-mark Information
BANKRUPTCY AMERICA and the logo are trade-marks owned by the Firm. Other product and company names and logos appearing on the website may be registered or unregistered trade-names, trade-marks and service-marks of their respective owners. Any use of the trade-names, trade-marks, service-marks and logos displayed on the website (collectively “Marks”), except as expressly provided in this Agreement, is strictly prohibited. Nothing appearing on the website or elsewhere shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Marks.
10. Other Sites
For your convenience, the website may include links to other Internet sites or resources and businesses operated by other persons (collectively “Other Sites”). Other Sites are independent from the Firm, and the Firm has no responsibility or liability for or control over Other Sites, their business, goods, services, or content. Your use of Other Sites and your dealings with the owners or operators of Other Sites is at your own risk.
11. No Linking, Framing, Mirroring, Scraping, Data-Mining and Postings
Links to the website without the express written permission of the Firm are strictly prohibited. To request permission to link to the website, please contact our Firm by e-mail. The framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining of the website or any of its content in any form and by any method is strictly prohibited.
You may not use any collaborative browsing or display technologies in connection with your use of the website or to post comments, communications, or any other data of any kind to or on the website with the intention that such postings may be viewed by other users of the website.
12. Termination of this Agreement and the website
13. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
This Agreement, your use of the website, and all related matters are governed solely by each State law of the United States of America and applicable federal laws of United States of America, excluding any rules of private international law or the conflict of laws which would lead to the application of any other laws. Any dispute between the Firm and you or any other person arising from, connected with or relating to the website, this Agreement or any related matters must be resolved before the Courts of the Province of Ontario sitting in the City of Toronto, and you hereby irrevocably submit and attorn to the original and exclusive jurisdiction of those Courts in respect of any such dispute or matter. Any claim or cause of action you may have arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of the website, this Agreement, or any related matters must be commenced in a court of competent jurisdiction in the Province of Ontario within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises, after which time the claim or cause of action is forever barred.
14. Changes to this Agreement
The Firm may, in its sole discretion, change, supplement or amend this Agreement as it relates to your future use of the website from time to time, for any reason, and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. You may not change, supplement, or amend this Agreement in any manner.
15. Other Matters
This Agreement, including any changes made to this Agreement from time to time, constitutes the entire agreement between you and the Firm relating to your use of the website, and supersedes all previous agreements, written, oral or otherwise, between you and the Firm with respect to your use of the website.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The provisions of this Agreement will ensure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of the Firm and its successors and assigns and related persons, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns, and personal representatives. You may not assign this Agreement or your rights and obligations under this Agreement without the express prior written consent of the Firm which may be withheld in the Firm’s sole discretion. The Firm may assign this Agreement and its rights and obligations under this Agreement without your consent.
No consent or waiver by either party to or of any breach or default by the other party in its performance of its obligations under this Agreement will be deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
The parties have expressly requested and required that this Agreement and all other related documents be drawn up in the English language.