If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, you should know which forms you will need. It is best to contact an attorney for more details about this.
- State issued photo identification
- Social Security Card
- Copies or Originals of Creditors (Debts)
- Federal & State tax returns for the past 2 years plus W’2
- Six (6) months proof of income (paystubs or other source)
- Three (3) months of bank statements
- If you own real estate, a market analysis or an appraisal showing the value of the property
- All documents showing payoffs on all secured debts such as mortgages, car loans or lease
- Any pending lawsuits
- Certificate of Credit Counseling
- Copies of all educational, individual retirement accounts, medical savings plans and state tuition programs.
- If you are self employed, you must provide bank statements for the last 6 months, profit & loss statements for the last 6 months, and proof of liability insurance.
In addition to the documents listed above, some attorneys may request additional documents but a local attorney would be able to assist with what is specifically required.